Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Ninjas or Niggas? Same Difference.

Here we go again. Once again the "lack" of diversity rears its hypocritical head in the form of a new take on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. One of my brothers from the Blerd podcast BHND, hit me up to show me the latest shenanigans. Of course, I am easily amused. Im just trying to understand what the hail IDW is thinking? Black cats love the turtles. You do not need to turn them into Black kids. This whole thought that we are starving for the diversity is straight up ridiculous. We don't need it like that. I know several cats that enjoyed The Last Ronin and I can tell you none of us was sitting around thinking I wish they was Black. Now, I understand that some think this is cool. To each his own. I aint buying it. While I do not think it is disrespectful. I find it to be very much unnecessary. I saw cats getting hyped and I was just like. "I guess". So what are my thoughts? I decided to pull this letter from reddit. Its a pitch the GOAT Dwayne McDuffie made to Marvel. I think it is fitting. After all, Ninjas. Niggas. Same difference.
-Richard J Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Master, we sick..?" An Observation.

Here we go again. The bible says that there is nothing new under the sun. The things you think are new are actually very old. In this day a...