Saturday, May 15, 2021

An open letter to J.J. Abrams and Ta-Nehisi Coates

(for maximimum enjoyment, amusement, effectiveness of said letter may i suggest cueing up Jimi Hendrix's "Red House") Dear JJ and Ta-Ta (I hope you dont mind if I call you Ta-Ta, I would like to call you Tay-Tay but that might be too informal) lol.
So fellas the word is in the skreets yall doing a Black Superman movie. So when I heard the news I was like cool. What we doing? Calvin Ellis? Val-Zod? Sunshine Superman? Wayment? I know you niggas aint doing Muhammed X? Shoot mayne its about to be crackin up in here. But when I heard that yall was just doing a Black Kal-El movie I was like.
So me and few hunnid thousand blerds just began to spaz. We was like "we didn't ask for this". Now don't get me wrong, I know we always asking the gubment for stuff like justice, freedom and equality, a stimmy here and there, healthcare and anything that would piss off a white conservative and a few bootlicks. The point is we did not want a milk dud Superman. As me and fellow blerds began to read the riot act there was a few "detractors" that said well there is a character named Kal-El and he actually exist on Earth D. Basically he was a character that showed up in February (Black History month, aint that just like a token) 1999 in Legends of the DC Universe Crisis on Infinite Earths (DC Database Fandom). Oh yeah he dies in that same issue too. Well they had to keep that trope alive.
So that's whats hot fellas? Yall going to do a story about a one hit wonder? Come on guys, you probably didn't know there was a Kal-El. Nope. Yall just said to yourselves, we doing a Black Clark Kent. I'm not going to pretend to know what this movie yall doing is going to be about. So I will reserve judgment in regards to that. But let's face it. JJ you are connected to the worst Star Wars trilogy made and Ta-Ta you mailed it in at the end of the Black Panther run. And Captain America... lets just say there's few pale faces that are happy to have you gone from their beloved comic book hero. I know you cats are capable of doing this movie, my thoughts are though; "just because you can do it, doesn't mean you have to" I'm just saying. So while you are in production, in the writers room, geeking out thinking you are going to land a joke or a dope quote that will be used for memes and inspirational posters to motivate a slew of salesmen and their wack products, just remember "WE DIDNT ASK FOR THIS". The shade toward Cavill is too real and like it or not, fair or unfair you bammas are going to have to live with it. JJ, the fact that they are even letting you do this is amazing. I thought you would have faded into the sunset with your millions and sip champagne on a yacht and eat food on tiny plates in European coffee houses waxing poetic about the Star Wars franchise you nearly killed. Ta-Ta you my brother, at least you can write books in the social science space. We could use another Obama book I think... Either way fellas, good luck with getting any of us to take the both of you serious. You can add symphony music, dope hip hop music great CGI, etc etc... After all you can paint a turd, polish a turd, its still a turd. (i know, gross but you get the point) Good luck fellas. See you at the bottom half the rotten tomatoes review list. -Richard J Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Master, we sick..?" An Observation.

Here we go again. The bible says that there is nothing new under the sun. The things you think are new are actually very old. In this day a...