Monday, May 24, 2021

So you mad, son?

So, it looks like melinated batman is going to be around a little while. ...and yeah, folks is pissed. Listen, I get the sentiment. You want original characters. Why wont DC use the characters that they just let languish on the shelf? This is tokenism. We do not want this. I have heard it all and let me be honest. I probably said all of that and then some. In fact, just check out the last blog. It is what it is. Why does DC want to do more Black Batman? I don't know. But you know what? I'm gonna buy it. I'm gonna read it. I'm gonna collect it. Why? Because its there. I'm going to read my old Batman too. Shoot. I am a fan of the Bat. Who am I kidding? Here is the thing though. I can walk and chew gum at the same time, so if the I am Batman is right there next to Detective Comics or Tynion IV's Batman. I'm not going to set the internet on fire. I'm not going to be a complete troll towards the Bruce Wayne fanboys. Nah. Me? I'm grinning like the Joker.
In a perfect world we would have a Black Lightning book. We would have a Green Lantern book... Wayment, we do; my bad. We would have a Nubia book. You get my drift. Now I do understand that people are not feeling melanated Batman. Whether the issue is writing or just looking at all that melanin suck the pasty whiteness away. I feel ya.
I know I know. Don't worry. After some Black folk lose interest it will wind up in the dollar bins right behind the future state books. Then you can exhale and go on your favorite comic book website and celebrate the banishment of the Blackest Blicky Black Black Batman, but until then... well, 'Neto tell 'em son!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Master, we sick..?" An Observation.

Here we go again. The bible says that there is nothing new under the sun. The things you think are new are actually very old. In this day a...